Friday, July 5, 2013

The sewing project continues

As of last night, I have finished 22 kitty beds! I'm normally not quite so efficient, but work has been nuts and it turns out that sewing is a good stress reliever. I also wanted to get as many done as possible before next week, because my mom will be in town and I won't have much time to sew.

The cats continue to enjoy assisting with this project, and by assisting, I mostly mean getting in the way. Unfortunately for them--well, Melly, mostly--I've had to employ the squirt bottle quite liberally to get them off the fabric while I'm working on it. Melly also enjoys napping on the piles of beds, which is adorable and calls to mind the princess and the pea.

"Ahhhhhh."

"Oh, hi. Am I on the fleece you were trying to pin together? 
Gosh, how unfortunate for you."

"What is this stuff? It is so much fun to play with!"

"I'm ignoring the fact that these are still held together with pins. I decided to test them out anyway. 
Verdict: they're comfy."

5 comments:

Simba said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing.

Is that BABY Melly? So cute.

Rene said...

Wow, that's amazing progress! Melly is darn adorable in those photos. I'm well versed in cat sewing "help" here, hee.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That is amazing, that you are getting so many done! Paws up to you!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Melly,

I'm so sorry your mom doesn't appreciate what help you are.. Hopefully she'll come around soon

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

We agree with sitting on the best fabrics!