Monday, August 19, 2013

A Trip to the Humane Society

I  finally finished another batch of beds, which puts us at a grand total of 42. Only eight more to go! (Well, eight plus whatever I can make with the six yards of fleece sitting on my living room floor. Heh.) Now, if only my sewing machine would stop jamming... 


While I was at the Humane Society dropping off the beds, I couldn't resist looking at the cats. (I have got to stop doing that. One of these days I'll end up taking one home.) There were so many sweet kitties, although some of them looked very scared and were curled up in their litter boxes, poor dears.  On the plus side, it was heartwarming to see that nearly every cage had a handmade bed inside. There were many variations of the fleece ones, but someone had actually made kitty-sized quilts of animal-themed fabric! Amazing. The cats at the Tacoma Humane Society get a lot of love.

This lovely lady caught my eye--doesn't she look like Melly?  She was about half Melly's size, so I guess she's more like Melly's mini-me.


She even mugged for the camera. Talk about an uncanny resemblance. 


8 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Kudos for making all those beds for donation! That's a wonderful thing to do, and we're sending purrs to all the kitties waiting for their forever homes.

Simba said...

Awesome of you to do the cat beds. What a sweet little Melly lookalike.

Rene said...

I have a tip on the jamming sewing machine. Fleece is notorious for shedding a LOT of lint in the needle and bobbin area. It might help to take that apart and brush it out.

Katnip Lounge said...

You are an angel! Could you post a how-to? I'd like to make a few myself.

Alice Marie said...

That's so nice of you! I bet all those kitties sure do appreciate your efforts.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I am sure they will bring lots of comfort to the kitties!

(and they look perfect to have my foster kittens pee on.. no wait, to line their nest.. I should look into making a few of those)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That is so awesome that you are working so hard to make these kitties comfy! I LOVE the mini-Melly!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

It is wunnerful that you are makin all those nice beds fer the lonely kitties at the shelter!