Thursday, August 1, 2013

Melly's Whisker Length

Rene asked yesterday if I'd ever measured Melly's whiskers. A couple of years ago, they measured in at nine inches, tip to tip, but because they have definitely increased in majesty since then, I measured them again last night.

They came in at a whopping ten and a half inches! (That's from the tip of the longest on one side to the tip of the longest on the other.)  Good gracious. Scarlett, who has perfectly respectable whiskers, comes in at seven inches.

Melly is very proud and Scarlett is feeling a bit inferior. 

Rene's question reminded me about the Q&A we had last summer, which I thought was fun. So... does anyone have any other burning questions for me and/or the kitties?


And, just because, here are two pictures of Melly being... Melly.



6 comments:

Rene said...

Oh my word, 10.5 inches??? We are not worthy! Thanks for humoring me. :-)

I was wondering if Melly has problems with hairballs, since she has all that hair?

Karen said...

I imagine Scarlett has shorter whiskers because of her more svelte physique. What is their weight difference?

Katnip Lounge said...

Holy cats! Now I must go do some measuring.

What is each of their favorite people foods?

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

My human just measured ours - mine are only six inches, but I'm a small cat. Binga's are 7 inches and Boodie's are a little more than that. Melly's whiskers are amazing!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

OMC! When we first read yer post, we thought you meant an individual whisker was 9" long. Marley was all fainty and Ayla was feeling depressed. When we figured out it was tip-to-tip, Ayla felt better (but Marley was STILL a bit woozy).

Right now, we are refusin to let TBT measure ours tip-to-tip in case they dont measure up. ~ Iza

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Oops, I meant to say 10.5"! ~ Iza