Monday, September 23, 2013

So, I'm back... again.

Blogger finally deigned to let me in, so I'm taking advantage of this opportunity to write and schedule as many posts as I can in case of another malfunction. Pesky Blogger.

Anyway. You didn't miss too much, as far as the cats are concerned. My dad visited, which was great, but I didn't get as many pictures of him with the cats as I'd hoped. I don't think the cats remembered him from his last visit two years ago, but they got along well. Scarlett enjoyed rubbing her head on Dad's toes (weird), and he reported that he woke up from a nap once to find Scarlett snuggled into his side. 

Melly was her usual friendly self, of course. She loves people.


I neglected to take pictures, but while my dad was here, he and I made a trip out to the Humane Society, where I dropped off the last of my 50 beds (plus one extra). We walked through and looked at (and talked to) all the animals, and my dad was very impressed by the cat rooms. Considering that his local Humane Society is a full-on farm, I think that says something!

Scarlett continues to struggle valiantly against a stubborn case of acne. I have taken Caren's advice and am feeding Scarlett a tiny bit of coconut oil each day. I also read that applying it topically may help too, so I'm using coconut oil on her chin in the morning and Douxo pads in the evening. I'll keep you all posted on whether the oil helps. Fingers crossed!

8 comments:

Rene said...

Oh that photo is so precious!

I too am still battling acne with Sadie. Is it the time of year??

Alice Marie said...

I hope Scarlett's acne clears up! And that's good that the kitties enjoyed the visit.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Let us know how Scarlett's acne does with the coconut oil - I get chin acne too sometimes and would love to get rid of it.

Katnip Lounge said...

What a sweet picture!

Marlene said...

Hope Scarlett's acne clears up! Lovely Melly and your Dad photo :D

ANGEL ABBY said...

Hope things clear up with Scarlett's acne. And Melly is always adorable.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

We bet the Dad was all impressed with the 50 beds even iffen he dint say annythin! Though he should have...

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

coconut oil helps my acne. I read that colloidal silver does as well.