Monday, September 2, 2013

Updates and things

So here's what's going on around here:

1) Scarlett's acne is back with a vengeance. I've been cleaning and disinfecting and Duoxo-ing her chin, but this is some seriously stubborn acne. I think the culprit this time is probably the plastic bowl in the timed feeder, which is annoying since it's a bit tricky to find an alternative.  For the time being, I've put a small glass dish inside the feeder. We'll see how this works.


2) My dad is coming to visit. He is not really a cat person, which of course guarantees that the cats will be all over him. Photographs to come.

3) This box is still extremely popular.



6 comments:

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

oh I do hope that dish works! Muffin gets acne from time to time - well when I'm less then careful and she has access to food in plastic.. so I totally feel for you both.

Katnip Lounge said...

Poor Scarlett! Does she allow you to scratch her chin? Sometimes you can loosen up the blackheads before they turn into those big gnarly pimples.

Want to make your Dad a total Cat Magnet? Put that box on his lap!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Oooo, that IS an awesome box! I hope Scarlett's acne clears up soon. I get it sometimes and yeah, it's uncomfortable and no fun.

Alice Marie said...

I've never known a kitty with acne. I hope it gets better soon! As for that box....COOLEST BOX EVER!

Rene said...

Sorry about the acne resurfacing. Sadie's had a stubborn bit of it lately too, but I have not changed or added any dishes, so I'm not able to pinpoint a cause. Hope the change in dish makes a difference for her.

Caren Gittleman said...

It IS the plastic bowl....I wouldn't use it at all. My Angel Bobo used to get terrible acne from plastic bowls. Use anything BUT glass!
And...try a 1/4 of a tsp of coconut oil, it works wonders. Let her eat it. I give it to Cody now for his allergies and so far it is working like a charm!