Thursday, October 17, 2013

The New Rug

I've lived in my apartment for over four years now, and the floors have always been bare hardwood. I liked that because it's easy to clean up all the tumbleweeds of cat hair, but over the weekend, I finally decided to get a rug for the living room because the floors were just too cold. The one I chose was a coarsely woven jute mat, and I worried that the cats would think it was a giant scratcher. They seem to be on the fence about it, though, and have mostly been sniffing it.

"You feel nice under my paws but I remain suspicious."

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

That looks like a HUGE scratcher to us! :-D

We have a new area rug in our living room, thanks to "grandpa" when he was visiting last month, and Nicki loves to use it as a scratcher, in spite of the many ESSes, Cs, kitty condos and cardboard scratchers strewn around. He shuns them all, for the joy of the carpet. So good luck with yours!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

lol@suspicious!

heck all rugs are large scratchers so why would a jute one be any different??

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Boodie the Rug Scratcher would have been at it right away!

Rene said...

Oh boy, Sadie would have been scratching all over that kind of a rug. . we hope the girls didn't hear that comment.