Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Floofalicious Guest Kitty

The hotel where Geoff and I stayed last weekend had two resident cats, Alder and Brook. It was too cold to spend much time outside, so both cats spent much of the weekend hanging out in the lobby. Alder preferred to watch the guests from afar, but Brook was delighted to receive any and all attention offered. He even submitted to being pet by small children, which was pretty impressive.

One afternoon, I curled up on a couch in the hotel lobby to read, and Brook joined me. Here, he is happily chewing on a corner of my sweater:


And here, he is looking adorable. It's hard to tell, but he has one green eye and one blue.


And here, he is offering his floof for petting. Interestingly, neither he nor Alder have tails.


I always miss Scarlett and Melly when I spend time away from them, so it was great to be able to get a little kitty time! 

8 comments:

Marilia Bavaresco said...

Nice positions to rest!

Nerissa said...

How neat is that? EVERY hotel should have a kitty or two. Must have made it feel a little more like home.

Purrs,
Nissy

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

oh great, now I want to go stay at that hotel

Anna said...

Hey you were in my neck of the woods! Those cats are awesome :)

Rene said...

I totally know what you mean about missing the cats while you're away. It's great that you had a fill-in kitty. :-)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Every time my human goes out of town, she always looks for a kitty fix!

Alice Marie said...

That must be the best hotel in the world! I think all hotels should include cats.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

A very unusual (and admirable) kitty!