Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Photographing Black Cats

If you have black cats, you know that photographing them can be difficult, particularly in low light. For every photo of Melly I've posted here, there are at least ten rejects in which she just looks like a smudge.

I took these pictures with my cell phone because Melly was napping adorably. When I uploaded them to my computer, I had to laugh when I realized that the only things visible are Melly's ears!  

Actually, I think that tiny speck in the facial region is a partially open eye. Maybe.



4 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That is one advantage you darker kitties have - you can go incognito!

Marlene said...

Melly could be a long haired Bat-cat :D

Katnip Lounge said...

Basement Cat...naps!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

lol.. Yup, it isn't easy, but it makes the good ones all that much more precious