Thursday, December 12, 2013

Melly the Knitting Assistant

In the winter, I spend much of my free time knitting. As you can imagine, the cats are utterly entranced by the yarn. Melly also likes the blocking process.  To block a scarf, I stretch it out on the ironing board, spray it until it's damp, and pin it down all along the edges. To protect the damp scarf from certain curious felines and their constant shedding, I throw a towel over it. Melly doesn't mind the pin heads that stick up from the board, and just plops herself down on it.

"I love new napping spots!"

"I could do without all these poky pins, though."

8 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

We think you're a terrific assistant, Melly. How could your human do this blocking without you?

Happy holidays to you all!

Rene said...

LOL, I love kitty assistants for my craft projects, though Melly seems to have taken it to an extreme.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That is one princess who apparently isn't bothered by a few peas!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

You do need someone to hold it down for you right?

Katnip Lounge said...

I've taken up crocheting again...but I do it at WORK while I watch the computers. It's the only way!

Alice Marie said...

Yeah, she's helping to press the scarf. When I crochet I have to watch Alice or she'll run off with the ball of yarn...she has a wool fetish!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Wow, I would never dare use yarn here. I can barely read the newspaper "unassisted"... LOL! ~ TBT

janna said...

Harley loves to help me block - I have to watch it, though, because she's been known to try to pull the pins out. Allie, on the other hand, wants to play with the yarn in the ball....