Friday, January 10, 2014

Snoozing with the Kitties

Today's photo offers you an intimate view into life with Scarlett and Melly. (Don't get too excited. It's a bit blurry.) Geoff took this one very early in the morning a couple days ago.


That's me, zonked out, with both cats in their usual nighttime positions. 

I was catless for nearly two weeks over the holidays, and it took several days to get used to sleeping without my two fuzzballs. (When I got back, it was another few days before I got used to them again. Melly, you see, likes to surprise me at 3am by using my face as a pillow so that I wake up, slightly suffocated, with a face full of floof. It takes a bit to re-adjust to that.)

Do your cats sleep with you? Do they have favorite spots on your bed?

8 comments:

RagingMoon1987 said...

My family has seven cats, two of which are my personal fur friends. Pebbles, the older of the two, has slept on my bed since he was a baby. He likes to get right between my feet so I can't really move without disturbing him (LOL).

Alice Marie said...

Alice the snuggle monster sleeps with me, on the highest point of my body. Sometimes she tries to climb on me before I'm even settled...and yes, I do put her favorite blankie on me/the bed for her. (she's so spoiled)

Rene said...

Aw, I love photos like these. When I am away from home, I very much miss kitties sleeping nearby. Sadie loves sleeping in any "nook", like between my legs or behind my knees. Benny is usually behind Jim's knees. Tucker is usually by my head. I love it.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I have a special pillow I sleep on that's on the bed - I switch between that and the floor heater. Binga sleeps between the humans, or with one in particular (whichever one needs it most, in her estimation). Boodie sleeps at the foot of the bed, or next to my pillow.

Katnip Lounge said...

The Horde splits themselves between Scott and I (we sleep separately)and they have *rigid* rules about who gets which spot!

Anna said...

Bitty likes to sleep on my hip (I sleep on my side). If I move he'll move to the foot of the bed or his own personal pet bed on the other side of the room.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

We all share the king-size waterbed with TBT. But we do it in different ways. I (Alya) sleeps next to his shoulder. I only sometimes get unner the blankies with him and push my feet against his side.

I (Marley) sleep near his legs. In the early morning, I come up an ask to get unner the covers, where I curl up not quite touching him. He likes that.

I (Iza) sleep in a corner of the waterbed so his tossings don't bother me. I USED ta crawl unner the covers and sleep across his tummy, but started movin around too much. So now I sleep on the other side of him from Ayla and purr loudly in his ear. Im pretty sure he likes that. Well, he makes biscuits on me, but it pushes me away a bit...

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

with seven, I'm lucky I have a spot in the bed :)