Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thanks

Thank you for the lovely birthday messages for Melly.  I still can't quite believe she's four. I think that's partially because I don't want to believe that Scarlett is closing in on twelve. Scarlett has been a constant in my adult life so far; if Melly is getting older, I have to admit that Scarlett is too.

Anyway. I don't have any pictures for today as I have a horrible cold and used up all my energy at the office earlier (I'm typing this Monday night).  Fortunately, the cats are being very snuggly and sweet--Scarlett is purring up a storm on my lap now--and we all know that kitty purrs are the best medicine.

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!



P.S. Just as I was about to hit "post," Geoff called from the other room that somekitty has vomited on the bed. Again. And I just changed the sheets. Again. My cats are really flipping lucky they're so cute.

6 comments:

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

How nice of her. She knows you are sick and is motivating you to make sure you sleep in nice clean sheets..

Alice Marie said...

Hee hee hee...I agree, they want you to have clean sheets. Cats always want you to feel needed and yet cared for at the same time.
I know what you mean about Melly, Alice will be 5 this month and it seems like it hasn't been that long since I brought her home as a tiny kitten!!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Binga is 13 - she is going to be 14 this year - and she is still as crazy as ever. So I'm pretty sure Scarlett has LOTS of quality time in her future!

P.S. Actually, Scarlett and I are about the same age! I'll be 12 in June.

Rene said...

I totally know what you mean about your cats getting older! And sadly, I also know what you mean about cleaning up messes. Yesterday, I opened the door to the office (where Benny is shut when he eats) and saw a puke and a piece of poo in there. Argh!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

TBT here: Sometimes it it really is hard to realize that 4 years have come and gone...

tiffany said...

Hey, I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks! Tiffany
tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com