Thursday, February 13, 2014

Battle Kitchen Table Continues

As you know, Melly and I have for years been engaged in a battle over the kitchen table. Melly thinks she should be allowed to prance and sprawl on it; I think she should keep her grubby litterbox paws off where I eat.

Unsurprisingly, I am not faring well in this battle.

Recently, I was trying to get some work done at the kitchen table and Melly refused to get off.  She kept walking across my papers or laying on top of them, and every time I put her on the floor, she jumped right back up. After removing her for the trillionth time, I had an idea: I put an empty box on the table, reasoning that if Melly couldn't be removed, she could at least be contained.

It worked!

"This is a very cozy box, Mom. 
How nice of you to put it exactly where I wanted to be."

"The edge is at perfect chin height."

"And I can keep an eye on things."

"Is that a fly?!"

"Mom! There's a fly! 
You should get it. I'm not moving."

3 comments:

Rene said...

LOL, how nice of you to accommodate her needs.

To answer your raw question, I am currently mixing half raw and half canned. I use Nature's Variety: http://www.instinctpetfood.com/instinct-raw-food-dogs-and-cats

If you want to try raw, I suggest trying chicken first. I tried duck and he had a lot of puking, but no pukes with the chicken. They sell "trial" size small bags. So far, it's going well here even with mixing. His stools are much firmer and less stinky, his energy level has improved, and things are stable with his urinary issues. Crossing my fingers.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

possession is 9/10th of the human law and 10/10ths of the feline law. She is with that table a whole heck of a lot more than you are..

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

This is how kitties win.