Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Celebrity Encounter

Last night, Geoff and I went to the release party of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee book. I spent a few hours at the dentist earlier in the day (not fun) so I was really looking forward to this event. It was fun to see so many cat lovers under one roof, and there was excellent cake.

And then there was my double celebrity encounter: Laurie signed my copy  of the book (she recognized me!) and I even got to meet Wee Wylla!  Wee Wylla lives up to her name, and I'm not sure I've seen a more mellow kitten. She dozed peacefully in her basket while countless fans, including many small children, took turns scritching her head. 




I flipped through the IBKC book while in line to see Laurie and meet Wylla, and oh goodness, the cuteness. It's pure kitteny adorableness from cover to cover. 

8 comments:

too curious said...

Yay! Lucky you. What an excellent ending to a yucky day :.

Nerissa said...

There was cake? Did it have nip? Inquirin' minds are gonna wanna know.

Purrs,
Nissy

Alice Marie said...

Oh she's adorable! Hmmm...I'll have to check out that book.

Rene said...

Oh you are SO lucky (and what a nice way to end the day after going to the dentist)!

Marlene said...

So jealous! Love the Wee Wylla pictures. And major points for having cake after the dentist :D

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Lucky you! There are supposedly celebrities all over the place where we live, here in Los Angeles, but you got to see the ones that really count!

Emily and Laura said...

I am so envious! I would have been willing to get on a plane and fly all the way across the country just to meet Wylla if there hadn't been little things like work and my husband's utter failure to comprehend to contend with. :-)

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

aww.. that is really cool that you got to meet them both! all that AND cake.. I say that was an awesome day even with the addition of the dentist :)