Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Updates, and Melly's New Friend

Things have been a bit crazy around these parts recently. First there was the breakup, which was about as unpleasant as you'd expect. (Thank you all so much for your kind comments on Facebook. I am so grateful.) Then, there was my coping mechanism of organizing every closet, drawer, and cupboard in my apartment, eating all the chocolate I could lay hands on, and watching Under the Tuscan Sun repeatedly. 

Fortunately, I soon had a distraction. My cousin Anna has been traveling around working on organic farms, and she found her way up to Tacoma a couple weeks ago. She stayed with me for a few days before heading off to another farm, and Melly was thrilled to pieces to make a new friend. Anna will be staying around Washington for a while, so hopefully she'll have another opportunity to lavish Melly with attention. And I'm rather enjoying having another family member nearby (I have an aunt and uncle in Seattle; the rest of the family is spread out east of the Rockies.)

And then I traveled to Houston for my sister's college graduation this weekend. 

Huzzah!

So, now you're up to speed. Unfortunately, I had to delete some cat photos off my camera to make room for more graduation photos, but I do have some phone pictures of the last week or so that I can share.  Here are a few of Melly and her buddy Anna:

Have I mentioned that Melly has a thing for sniffing armpits? It's odd.




All together now: awwwwww.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Obviously we missed something significant. :-(

We're sending purrs and purrayers as you start a new chapter in your life. It can be challenging, as many of our humans (including ours) know from personal experience.

Peace.

Rene said...

It's good to read an update from you. I've been wondering how you've been emotionally. i'm glad you've had some happy events lately.

Alice Marie said...

I think we missed something too...but we're sending you purrs of support. And we didn't know you lived in that area. I'm from Port Angeles...transplanted (against my will) to Kentucky. I miss the ocean and the mountains every day.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We're very sorry about all the changes as we missed some pretty significant changes. Sending massive purrs and prayers.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

would it be rude to say that if you need more coping, I have cupboards ;)

*hugs*

and YAY for new armpits to nuzzle.. lol. Family can make a world of difference.. I'm glad you got a chance to spend some time with yours

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I didn't know you and Geoff had broken up. :-( It sounds like you are adjusting well, but I am sending lots of purrs because I know you must be going through a lot inside.

meowmeowmans said...

We seem to have missed some big stuff, too. We are sending warm hugs, purrs and prayers of support to you as you enter this new chapter in your life.

catonsvillecats said...

:-( See, this is when our cats really shine. They stick to us through thick and thin. Fur is good for you.

catonsvillecats said...

:-( See, this is when our cats really shine. They stick to us through thick and thin. Fur is good for you.