Monday, June 30, 2014

Bath Time for Melly

Sadly I have no photos of these events, but I thought you might enjoy the story...

On Wednesday evening, my sister and I were watching a movie when Melly strolled across our laps. My sister watched her pass and commented, "there's stuff on her butt."

Stuff on her butt. Great.

I hauled Melly into the bathroom, filled the tub part way with water, and proceeded to soak her lower half. She protested so loudly and vehemently that my sister mistook her meows for a child crying outside. Unfortunately, despite my vigorous swooshing, the poo adhered to Melly's fur would not come loose, so while I held Melly still and half-submerged, my sister stepped in to help. She grabbed some paper towels and attempted to dislodge the poo but this proved fruitless and we eventually had to sacrifice a washcloth in the pursuit of a clean cat derriere. By this time, Scarlett had also joined us in the bathroom and was watching the proceedings with interest.

After ascertaining that Melly's posterior region was thoroughly clean, we released her from the tub and toweled her off, although not before dissolving into giggles at the sight of her. Melly's front half was as fluffy as usual, but her entire back half was reduced to about half its usual volume--and her usually-proud plume of a tail was a scrawny rope.

When we finally dried Melly off and let her leave the bathroom, which she did in a huff, my sister wondered aloud why it is that we always end up washing cats together.

6 comments:

Rene said...

Oh the humiliation! What you have to do to remove um, cling ons!

too curious said...

You always end up washing cats together because you're not crazy enough to do it without someone around to call 911...just in case ;)


Hi to Melly's favorite aunt :)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

It takes two to wash a kitty! If you came out unscathed, consider yourselves lucky!

Ted Timmons said...

aw yeah. kitteh washing is always an adventure. with two and a sink it's kinda-okay, but scratches and wet t-shirt are guaranteed.

I wish there were pictures of Melly half-drenched.

Lynn said...

Uh yeah, its hard enough to bathe a cat let alone get photographic evidence!! I'm glad you and your sister were still in one piece!!

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.