Friday, October 3, 2014

It seems I accidentally took a hiatus...

Humblest apologies. It's been one of the best summers of my life, but unfortunately blogging ended up falling by the wayside. Here's a quick summary of what you missed:

1. I met someone.

His name is Ruel and he's great. He loves my kitties, and his efforts to befriend Scarlett will be the subject of a future post.


2. I worked on an epic cross-stitch project.


It's a (very, very belated) birthday gift for Geoff's daughter. It's 11"x14" and I never want to cross-stitch again. Fortunately it's knitting season now.

3. I hung out with my family. 

My sister was in Portland for the summer, and since she was in Texas the last four years, it was great to have her so near. Here we are in Oregon wine country hanging out with some gorgeous Dales ponies.


My mom also came out for a while. Because she's allergic to cats and therefore doesn't try to touch them at all, Scarlett loves her.


4. I started volunteering with the USO and resumed volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters. And work got nuts.

No photos of that.  They'd be pretty boring.

I have some pictures of the cats from the last, ahem, couple months, which I will start posting on Monday.

10 comments:

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

well good for you for having such a wonderful summer. I don't think any of us can fault you for that (well except Melly and Scarlet for not sharing their loveliness on the interwebs for all to love)

I look forward to your upcoming posts.

Stacy Hurt said...

so great to read you again!

xoxo
Ms. Stella O'Houligan

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad you're back - Sparkle said Scarlett and Melly were cool kitties. I inherited the blog from her.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Best of thoughts to you an "that guy"... MOL!

too curious said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great summer. I follow your Instagram so there were hints to the new guy and life working out quite well. And just enough Melly photos that we didn't have to bug here through Facebook to ask if you were OK. :)

DameAileen said...

WOW! It looks like you had a great summer! You were missed! I can't wait to read your future post!

Ted Timmons said...

Scarlett! Mellybelly! Hooman caretaker! Nice boyfriend Raul! Yay :)

I'd love to say hi if you are back in Portland at some point and want coffee..

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, you've been up to LOTS! So nice to see you all again! :)

Rene said...

I'm glad to see you're back, and even happier that you've met someone special. Look forward to more posts.

Karen said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. Even though you feel somewhat like family now, I guess you're allowed to take a vacation. Good for you!