Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Excitement, and Melly's Love

Monday night (last night, as I'm typing this), Josh and I had a bit of an adventure. Long story short, he discovered the hard way that he is very allergic to shellfish, and we spent a few hours in the ER while he was pumped full of various anti-inflammatory medications. 

Now, I should mention that Melly's usual nighttime routine is to come and say hello before retiring to the floor or the foot of the bed. She likes attention when the humans are awake to actively bestow it; she isn't interested in sleepy nighttime cuddling.

But, as I said the other day, Melly loves Josh. Adores him. So, when we came home Monday night (or, very early Tuesday morning) and immediately flopped into bed, it was only partially a surprise that Melly jumped up and quietly draped herself across Josh. Absent were her usual vigorous head-butts, nips, and demands for attention; she just wanted to snuggle her darling.

This was the scene when I woke up Tuesday morning. The close proximity lasted about a minute before Scarlett became offended and departed. 



6 comments:

Marilia Bavaresco said...

You´re so cute!!!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

one of my cats loves my husband beyond all reason.. it is very very sweet

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Kitties know when someone they care about has been sick. When my human had shingles earlier this year, I stuck by her through the worst of it.

ChiLibrarian said...

Hope Josh is feeling just the thing again. My sister found out the hard way she was allergic to cashews. While I was waiting for her in the emergency room, staff kept referring to her as "the nut girl" when they were talking to each other - which was funny after the fact.

Purrs.

catonsvillecats said...

The more of you for Scarlett I guess! So it's good for Scarlett that Melly loves Josh!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Melly, you were very good ta be attentive to yer Beins distress...