Monday, August 3, 2015

Window Kitties

The windows in the house are one of my favorite features. After my grim basement apartment, where the wind blew through the closed windows, it is positively delightful to have weather-tight windows--and ones that have screens. The screens mean that I can open the windows wide and catch fresh air off Puget Sound, and they also mean that the cats have nearly unlimited opportunities to sun themselves and sniff the breeze. I made sure that all the windows had sills large enough for a cat to sit, but the living room sill was made wide enough for a cat to lounge, and these two take full advantage of it.



I have to admit, I especially love this picture of Scarlett. She has the sweetest little face.


5 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Aww, you're so sweet lounging lazily like that.

Emma and Buster

Rene said...

That IS a great photo of Scarlett. I hope you get it framed. The cats must feel like they are living in paradise with that kind of view!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Sometimes I think windowsills and screens were invented specifically for a kitty's pleasure.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

We are envious of those wide windersills! We keep tellin TBT we want those, an he keeps promising, but somehow the windersills never change...

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

they look so happy