Friday, September 4, 2015

Flashback Friday: Melly the Destroyer

The lovely Summer asked on Wednesday what happened to the hanging toys on the cat tree.  Here's the photo in question, as a refresher:


When Melly arrived in April of 2010, this cat tree was in perfect shape, with lovely intact yarn balls hanging from the top level.

Melly had been here exactly 8 days when I came home and discovered this:


It only took another day for the other yarn ball to be fully removed. I trimmed the elastic to avoid any potential feline choking hazards.

It was around that time that Melly became known formally as The Destroyer, a title she continues to live up to, as evidenced by my bamboo plant, upper lip, bed sheets, upholstered furniture, etc. Fortunately, she is incredibly adorable.

This video was in the original post with the destroyed yarn balls, and it's pretty cute, so I thought I'd share it again. Melly was such a cute kitten!

6 comments:

Ted Timmons said...

Oh no- I can't watch Flash videos anymore! Do you have a link to the vid?

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Those balls and elastic look pretty flimsy - I'm sure Melly had no problem destroying them!

too curious said...

Such an adorable little floof she was - and still is :)

Photo Cache said...

The balls were there to be destroyed.

Emma and Buster

Mr Puddy said...

Awww da video just melt my mom's heart :)
Have a great weekend Miss Melly
x

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Well, those hangin things are SPOSED ta be killed/destroyed, right? Why else could they be there?